Saturday, April 26, 2008

Poor Little Bit

Tuesday I came home an hour early and found Little Bit acting very strange. I had left him outside all day and he was full of cockle burs so I thought maybe that was the problem until I reached down to pet his head and discovered his eye had popped out. Yep, that is right, his eye was just bulging out. It freaked me out and some how I was able to load the kids back up in the van and then we rushed to the Vet Hospital off of Boonville Road. That night the vet called me and informed me that he was going to have to have his eye removed. So, needless to say, we have a one eyed dog now. They wanted to keep him over the weekend to keep an eye on him, so the kids and I went to go visit him this morning. He still wasn't acting like his old self. He was still on pain medication and will be for about another week after we get him home. It broke my heart to see him this morning but I know that he will be okay. Cassandra and Jase were happy to see him and were hugging and petting him. I'm looking forward to bringing him home on Monday night and taking him to the groomer so that he can get a summer hair cut. He looks a little rough in this picture.

1 comment:

Lovingshimer said...

Poor Little Bit! I hope he is doing better now. That is strange, any idea what happened?