Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh me, the time really flies when Cory is home.  We have been so busy but it has been so much fun.  I had a wonderful Mother's Day.  The day before, I went to Grandma's house and cleaned her house.  That always makes me feel like I'm trying to help her a little bit.  Anyway, and then on the way home we stopped and went shopping for some clothes for Cancun.  I ended up buying two pairs of size 4 pants.  I was so proud of myself that I could fit into them.  I'm still holding at loosing 24 pounds and would love to loose 2 more pounds before our trip.  We'll have to wait and see.  Back to my story, after shopping we went to the Wolfe Pen Park and listened to an Eddie Money concert.  Teresa and Dave Peters joined us and later on Robin and Geraldo showed up.  It was fun, but after a while that beat was getting to me. I guess you can say, I'm getting old.   Then, the next day we went to church and that afternoon we had the Rodriguez's over for fajita's.  Of course we always prepare too much food, but we enjoyed it and the kids enjoyed trying to swim in the pool but were freezing cold.  Here are a few pictures:





Then, the weekend before this one, we went to Lake Travis and took the jet ski out for the first time. Again, we had fun but again it was too cold. I was freezing! Teresa, Katie, Brian and Rylee joined us for the weekend and we really enjoyed hanging out with them. Teresa and I tried out different healthy recipes and enjoyed eating all weekend. I think we both gained 2 pounds that weekend. Here are some pictures:











Now, weekend #3 that Cory is home will be an adventure. We are getting our scuba diving certificates. So, if I live long enough to tell you about it, I'll try to blog again next week with all the tall tales. Until next time......

2 comments:

Barb said...

Okay, so no one likes a bragger, size 4 pants...hummmm I am envious...I am having a hard time tweeking out 15 pounds let alone get in a size 4 pants. You look great and I love seeing pictures of your family. sounds like you are having a wonderful life.

Our Lives Captured said...

Congrats Betty! You look B-E-A-utiful. You have such a wonderful family and I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you, you look great.